Job Opportunity at White Barn Farm in Wrentham, MA
Position Title: Wash Station Manager
Schedule: 30-40 hours/week. Depending on the time of season, your start time will vary between 8am and 9am. Your schedule will be roughly 6-8 hours/day, 5 days a week. We are willing to work with the right candidate(s) if interested in a reduced schedule. This position begins April 1st and goes through December 31st. For every 8 hour shift you receive ½hour paid lunch break. Schedule may be reduced to 18-24 hours/week during April, November and December.
Responsibilities: Wash and Pack crops being harvested in the field and prepare to be sold at the farmstand, distributed through the CSA, or packed for Restaurant orders. Must be able to maintain a neat and organized workspace, wash with an eye for detail and the energy to get it all done efficiently and with ergonomics in mind. Crops must be weighed or counted, labeled, and recorded. You will be in charge of maintaining an inventory of harvest/packaging supplies and letting the owners know when stock is low. You will also be in charge of inventory and quality control of produce in the farmstand cooler and the wash station cooler.
Compensation starting at $16/hour
Benefits and Perks
*$1/hr worked added to a gift card for you to use at White Barn Farmstand. 10% employee discount once funds on your card are used up
* one WBF t-shirt, then 30% discount on all other WBF swag
*paid vacation/personal time accrues at 1 hr/30 hrs worked and can be used after 90 days from your start date
No Experience necessary
There is opportunity for growth within the business for a successful candidate.
Interview process: Hiring process includes a working interview
Application Process: Please email to firstname.lastname@example.org
a Letter of Intent
Contact Info for Two References
White Barn Farm is a family farm in Wrentham, MA that strives to provide its community with fresh produce, flowers and farm products grown using organic methods.
We are an energized, fun-loving team that strives to achieve efficiency and productivity with enthusiasm and a sense of humor. We appreciate hard work, a commitment to excellence and the drive to constantly improve. Although this is not officially an apprenticeship, there are often opportunities to work alongside the farmers. We offer a wide diversity of tasks that allow our crew to develop and broaden their skill-set.
• Can lift 50lbs repeatedly, using proper body mechanics
• Has a valid drivers license
• Ability to complete repetitive tasks for a long period of time in all kinds of weather
• Flexibility - able to shift gears and adapt to variable tasks
• Takes pride in and thrives on efficiency and productivity
• Takes instruction and correction well and is able to ask questions
• Fast learner - Ability to quickly pick up new techniques
• Is punctual and prepared (water bottle, proper attire, footwear, sunblock)
• Works well alone or with a group
• Has a spirit of dedication/enthusiasm
• Communicates well