Summary: This is an amazing opportunity to work hands-on in a local, circular food system, and teach youth about it! The Summer Camp Garden Coordinator will manage all aspects of our beautiful camp garden and promote sustainability at our camp.
- Direct camper gardening activities and education programs at the camps’ Garden Center, which currently includes nine 4’ X 16’ raised bed gardens, a potting building, and state-of-the-art compost system.
- Direct/perform all plant care, weeding, watering, harvesting, and replanting tasks (with the help of campers and other staff).
- Work closely with our Farm-to-Fork cooking counselor and provide produce/herbs to be used in camper cooking activities.
- Communicate regularly with camp kitchen staff and provide produce/herbs for use in our dining hall.
The ideal candidate will:
- Have completed coursework or work experience in sustainable agriculture using organic growing techniques.
- Have at least 1-2 years of experience working with raised bed gardens.
- Have previous camp experience and/or teaching abilities.
- Be 21+ in age.
- Have experience working with low/high tunnels and large propagation knowledge.
- Be enthusiastic about plants, sustainability, and local food systems.
Seasonal position. May 14 – Sept 25, 2022. Some flexibility with start and end dates.
Weekly stipend. On-site camp housing on the shores of Lake Winnipesaukee. All meals provided.
If you love the idea of helping the environment, feeding the community, educating youth, and joining a close-knit camp community, this might just be the job for you!
If interested, please apply at the link provided, or contact:
Director of Pleasant Valley Camp & Group Rental Administrator
YMCA of Greater Boston Overnight Camps
Office: (603) 569-2725
Cell: (603) 273-2120