Summary: Come join a team to encourage sustainability and healthy food at the YMCA of Greater Boston’s beautiful overnight camps!
- Work closely with camps’ Head Chef and Sustainability Coordinator to create and implement plans that will improve the sustainability of our kitchen & food service practices.
- Work with Sustainability Coordinator and camp counselors to develop strategies for reducing food waste in our dining halls.
- Serve as a point person for planning effective reuse of leftover food items.
- Work with the Head Chef to train other Kitchen Staff members in efficiently producing prepping techniques and other practices that reduce kitchen food waste.
- Serve as a member of camps’ Kitchen Staff; prepare food and clean the kitchen area under the direction of the Head Chef.
- Ensure that kitchen food scraps going into camps’ compost system are not contaminated.
The ideal candidate will:
- Have previous experience working in a commercial or institutional kitchen.
- Have educational and/or work experience relating to food service sustainability.
- Be enthusiastic about environmental sustainability, waste reduction, and local food systems.
- Be 21+ in age.
Seasonal position. June 1–Sept 1, 2022. Some flexibility with start and end dates.
Compensation: Weekly stipend of $250-350. Free on-site camp housing on the shores of Lake Winnipesaukee. All meals provided.
If you love the idea of helping the environment, feeding the community, getting creative in the kitchen, and having a blast making new friends for life, this might just be the job for you!
If interested, please apply at the link provided, or contact:
Director of Pleasant Valley Camp & Group Rental Administrator
YMCA of Greater Boston Overnight Camps
Office: (603) 569-2725 Cell: (603) 273-2120