We are seeking hardworking, high-energy, positive individuals with at least
one year's farming experience to join our seasonal farm crew. Applicants
should have a strong interest in production farming and be team players
committed to growing, harvesting, and selling high quality produce with
efficiency and focus. Applicants should be prepared to lift upwards of 50lbs
repeatedly and work in all weather conditions. They need to be flexible,
willing to help with any and all day-to-day farm operations, to take on key
roles for specific projects and tasks, and to help demonstrate Siena Farms'
methods and techniques to apprentices.
This position is seasonal, with start dates between March and June, and an end
date in mid-December. Hours range from 50-60 hours per week, 5 days per week.
Compensation includes hourly wage, farm veggies, and employee discounts at our
own retail outlets as well as Oleana, Sofra, and Sarma. Please note that we
do not currently offer on-farm housing for employees.
- Planting, including greenhouse propagation and mechanical transplanting
- Cultivation/weed-control by hand and hoe
- Field work such as trellising, pruning, fencing, and thinning
- Daily harvest of our 200+ varieties of vegetables, herbs, and flowers
- Post-harvest handling, including washing, curing, packing, and transporting produce
Sales & Distribution
- Assisting with display, sales, and customer service at Siena Farms South End, Siena Farms @ Boston Public Market, and the Copley Square Farmers’ Market
- Preparation and packing of wholesale orders for restaurant deliveries
- Preparation and packing of CSA shares for pickup and distribution
- Participation in farm outreach events such as CSA member farm tours and volunteer days
Please email a letter of interest and a resumé to firstname.lastname@example.org We look
forward to hearing from you!