Reports to: Farm Manager and Flower Manager
20 Hours/Week; Tuesday through Friday, *mornings*, roughly 8am to Noon
Beginning of July—end of September with a 1 day training the end of June
Under the direct supervision of the Flower Manager, the flower field helper
works to meet the needs of the Wright-Locke Farm flower production and the
farm sales program. Exposure to: planting, seeding, harvesting,
cultivating, weeding, field maintenance and arranging.
· Work primarily with the Flower Manager to complete field tasks
that may include but are not limited to seeding, transplanting, planting,
weeding, harvesting, Farmers Market preparation, and CSA flower share
· Meet with Flower Manager each workday morning during the growing
season to define what needs to be completed during the day and by whom. A
team approach is required throughout all aspects of this job.
· Observe and actively experience small-scale farming.
· Assist with supervising volunteers, young and old
· Help in preparing markets, wholesales, and CSA.
· Assist in preparing and participation in farm sponsored events.
· Assist in fostering capacity of farm
· Responsible to assist with tracking weekly harvests
· Passion and interest in working/learning about small-scale,
low-input, flower production
· Dedicated, hard worker—willing to fulfill commitment
· Self-starter, self-disciplined, goal orientated
· Ability to work with minimal supervision
· Ability to work both independently and as a team member
· Be in good physical condition and able to lift 50lbs
· Ability to work in a potentially challenging environment and be
· Have own transportation and be punctual
· Energetic nature and willing to have fun
· Flower knowledge is not necessary but a willingness to learn is
**Interested persons should send their resumes and an introduction email to