Part-time Development Assistant
Land’s Sake is a nonprofit farm and environmental education organization located in Weston, MA that strives to connect individuals to the land to build community and inspire lifelong stewardship. Land’s Sake is currently looking for a part-time Development Assistant to help with fund raising opportunities including grant proposal research and writing, donor development and acknowledgements, events planning and execution, and assembling prospect lists.
• Assist in planning yearly and quarterly grants schedules and strategies.
• Assist in identifying new foundation and corporation prospects for Land’s Sake’s programs and work with the Executive Director to develop program-specific strategies to meet funding needs.
• Research and write grant proposals, reports and correspondence as assigned.
• Working with the Executive Director, develop and execute funder cultivation and stewardship strategies, including writing periodic updates on project progress and following up on meetings with funders.
• Assist in general Grants Office administration including database management, file maintenance, ordering research materials and periodicals, and keeping calendar of deadlines and events.
• Participate and assist in the planning of development events such as Harvest Dinner, Supper Clubs, etc. This may include mailing list selections, reviewing invitations, confirmation packets, and other printed materials, working with vendors, helping with registration and record-keeping, setting up and breaking down events, managing event photo files, and follow up among other duties.
• Respond to and maintain donor correspondence via email, mail and phone. Make follow up phone calls.
• Coordinate donor acknowledgments.
• Maintain accurate donor information and history in Little Green Light, our donor management system/database.
• General office duties, including photocopying, errands, and filing.
• Other development duties as assigned.
Experience: Bachelor's degree and two years of experience in a development office; or Associate's degree and three to four years of office experience. Minimum one to two years professional writing experience in nonprofit development setting.
• Strong interpersonal, written, and verbal communications skills. Past grant writing experience strongly preferred.
• High level of accuracy and attention to detail.
• High degree of comfort in using Excel and Word.
• Ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects under deadline pressure.
• Ability to work independently and to take initiative on projects.
• Ability to work collaboratively and assertively with a variety of people.
• Excellent organizational, time management and research skills.
• Excellent work ethic and reliability.
• Experience with Little Green Light or similar donor management system/database preferred.
• Enthusiasm for and ability to communicate Land’s Sake’s mission and programs with sincerity, persuasion, and passion.
Work Conditions/Physical Effort
• Work performed primarily in a general office setting. Work is normally performed while seated, requires freedom of movement. May spend extended periods of time at a computer terminal, on a telephone, or operating other office machines.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced, sometimes stressful environment and manage deadlines.
• Day-to-day work requires only minor physical exertion and/or strain. Requires occasional lifting of several pounds.
• Work environment involves only infrequent exposure to disagreeable elements.
• Ability to work with confidential donor information.
• Compensation is dependent on experience
• Benefits include as much free produce as you can eat and discounts on products sold at our Farmstand
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume to Pam@landssake.org