Status: Full-time Position
Time Frame: Review begins 2/27/15, position open until filled
Community Involved in Sustaining Agriculture (CISA) is a non-profit organization that strengthens farms and engages the community to build the local food economy. Our programs include the Be a Local Hero, Buy Locally Grown® marketing campaign, educational activities for the public, technical assistance trainings and workshops for farmers, and programs to expand market options for farmers and increase access to local food for all communities in our region.
The Office Assistant supports the CISA staff in implementing the mission of the organization. The Office Assistant provides administrative and logistical support for fundraising, program, and administration functions.
- Carry out routine office activities such as answering the phone, copying, mailing, etc.
- Provide database entry and data clean-up for fundraising and program staff.
- Maintain CISA’s event, classified, and press pages on our website; support additional website maintenance activities.
- Track registration for events.
- Support creation of CISA’s monthly enews and maintain email lists.
- Support CISA Programs: assist in coordinating marketing activities, events, and other activities as needed.
- Support CISA’s fundraising activities
- Provide support for CISA’s annual fundraiser including ticket sales and auction donation tracking and support.
- Assist with gift acknowledgement for fundraising department
- Assist with member renewal and acquisition
- Support the Executive Director for Board meetings, including finding locations, taking minutes and coordinating food/beverages.
- Represent CISA at public presentations, program collaborations, and other venues as needed.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
REPORTING AND SUPERVISION
- The Office Assistant reports to the Development Director.
- The Office Assistant works closely with all CISA staff.
- Ability to work independently and with a team;
- Organized and self-motivated;
- Proficiency with databases;
- Proficiency with office computing and equipment (MS Windows and Office platforms);
- Ability to work with people of various backgrounds including government agency staff, university researchers, farmers, business owners, and community members;
- Strong written and oral communication skills in English;
- Bachelor’s degree preferred;
- Experience in the sustainable agriculture field or with local food businesses a plus;
- Commitment to CISA’s mission to strengthen farms and engage the community to build the local food economy.
Hours and compensation: This is a 40 hour/week non-exempt hourly position paying $13-14/hour. Health care and benefits provided. Access to a car and some weekend and evening availability are required.
Please email cover letter and resume to Jennifer Williams (Jennifer@buylocalfood.org) or mail to CISA, One Sugarloaf Street, South Deerfield, MA 01373. Writing samples and references may be requested.