Moose Hill’s Community Supported Agriculture (CSA) program provides fresh, organic produce to nearly 400 families weekly. Farm Hands work in all weather, with a positive attitude. Farm Hand responsibilities include tending, harvesting, boxing, loading vegetables, hand weeding, and hand cultivation. Farm Hands will work alongside our CSA Manager and Farm Apprentices. Farm Hands are expected to work side-by-side with shareholders and volunteers emulating proper harvest and weeding methods. Farm Hands are also responsible for personally monitoring one area of crops and reporting their observations daily.
- An articulate person interested in hands-on training in organic farming
- Ability to work in a physically demanding, fast-paced environment, and in all weather conditions
- Conscientious and punctual team oriented individual
- Ability to lift and haul up to 50 lbs
- Ability to bend and kneel repeatedly during harvesting and weeding activities in all weather conditions
- Ability to relate to a diverse range of people and exercise cultural competence and inclusion
- Successful candidate will need to pass a background records check (CORI, SORI, and driver’s)
- Have a valid driver's license
Compensation and Benefits
Rate of Pay: $10.00-$10.50/hr
Farm Hands work 30 hours per week from the beginning of June through the end of September.
How to Apply
Please send cover letter and resume to:
Mathew Noiseux - Property and CSA Manager