Mass Farmers Markets is hiring a part-time (20 hours/week) staff member for project support. This position coordinates project implementation in partnership with the Operations Manager and Executive Director. Wage - $14.50 to $15.50 per hour. Hours - flexible.
• Onsite support for EBT Coordinators and market managers at three MFM urban markets
Market Membership and Liability protection
• Update and distribute Market Membership and Liability Protection renewal/registration forms.
• Answer basic questions around liability protection by email and phone.
• Process paperwork.
• Work with staff to identify and evaluate grant opportunities.
• Manage grant requirements, reports, and general implementation.
• Help prepare and distribute materials to board and membership.
• Promote application to the Farmers Market SNAP Support Grant award and review applicants' narratives and budgets for the award.
• Work with various markets to improve their applications to qualify for the award.
• Reach out to various markets and work with the Department of Transitional Assistance to promote the funds available for use by qualified markets.
Communications and Outreach
• Manage social media platforms, including Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram.
• Maintain website
• Answer phones, filter, and direct calls.
• Respond to inquiries from general public.
Proficient with MS Office Suite, particularly: Word, Excel, and Outlook. Clear-cut social media skills including, but not limited to: Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. Be able to work independently and with a team, prioritize tasks and have excellent time management skills, apply critical thinking, and have a good sense of humor. Ability to be flexible and adapt to changes, and to maintain confidential information appropriately. An interest in promoting local, sustainable agriculture is desired.
To apply: Send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.