FARMERS’ MARKET, CSA DISTRIBUTION, AND WHOLESALE DELIVERY PERSON
Apponagansett Farm is a chemical free vegetable farm following nutrient dense farming practices to grow vegetables, flowers, herbs and some fruit. We run a 150 member CSA, attend several local farmers’ markets, wholesale to local restaurants and health-food stores, and have a small farm stand. We also raise 200 laying hens on pasture for both wholesale and retail egg production.
We are looking for a full-time (35-40hrs/week), seasonal (May-Oct) farmers’ market, CSA distribution and delivery person. You will be heavily involved in direct sales and interactions with the public at a number of farmers’ markets, off-farm CSA sites, and on-farm CSA distribution whilst providing a professional, knowledgeable and friendly manner. Duties will include loading and unloading market vehicle, driving to market or CSA sites, market/CSA stand set-up and direct sales. We anticipate 1-3 farmers’ markets per week, 2-3 off farm CSA distributions each week (including 2 subsidized CSA distributions in New Bedford), and 2 on-farm CSA distributions. You will also be delivering produce to our wholesale customers on a weekly basis. For the right person, there is the possibility for additional work available throughout the winter (1-2 winter farmers’ markets and possible winter CSA distribution).
In addition to these main duties, you will also be involved in some harvesting, seeding, transplanting and cultivating. We feel it is important for the person representing our farm and produce to have a more complete understanding of how the farm operates and how the vegetables are grown, so they can better interact with our customers.
· Professional, honest, friendly manner, with great communication skills.
· Good at selling – ability to be outgoing and engage customers at the farmers’ market.
· Attention to detail – you will be involved in creating the best possible market display and keeping it attractive throughout the duration of the market. We also pride ourselves on only offering the highest quality produce, and it is important you are able to maintain that quality in the produce presented at markets and CSA distribution.
· Punctual, reliable and hardworking.
· Drivers’ License and ability to lift 50lbs.
· Previous experience working on vegetable farms and at farmers’ markets.
· Experience with flower arranging.
· Pay rate $11/hr.
· Free vegetables and eggs from the farm
· Worker's Compensation coverage
Please send your resume with a letter of interest and three references: firstname.lastname@example.org