Good Roots Farm, a small certified organic vegetable farm in Lincoln, MA, is seeking part-time or full-time assistant growers for the 2017 season. Good Roots Farm is in its fourth season growing food. We sell at three farmers markets and to local restaurants.
The assistant grower position will work closely with the farmer on all aspects of vegetable production and marketing. This is an excellent opportunity to work with a new farm that is expanding its markets and acreage. The work will be focused on harvesting and market preparation, routine farm jobs like planting and weeding, and helping to manage the stand at one or more farmers’ markets.
The assistant growers will learn many features of operating a small organic farm producing food for market, including soil fertility management, weed and pest control, and marketing, while being a valuable part of a growing local food system.
• Farm experience preferred but not required.
• Flexibility and desire to learn all aspects of vegetable and herb production, including seeding, transplanting, weeding, harvesting, packing, and farm maintenance tasks.
• An interest in sustainable agriculture and a desire to learn.
• Positive attitude and strong work ethic.
• Ability and willingness to do hard physical labor in all weather conditions.
Hourly pay is $10 to $12 depending on experience, plus vegetables from the farm. All assistant growers are encouraged to attend workshops and tours organized by the Eastern Massachusetts Collaborative Regional Alliance for Farmer Training (EMassCRAFT). Unfortunately, no housing is available on the farm.
Hours are negotiable, from 10 to 30 per week. The position may require working at our Saturday farmers' market. Availability through October is preferred. Start date is as soon as possible.
Email cover letter and resume to Brian Turnbaugh at email@example.com and visit www.goodrootsfarm.net for more information about the farm.