Field Manager Position:
For the 2018 season, we are looking for a full-time field manager. This position is an average of 40-hours per week April through October (fewer hours in early and late season months). The manager will work closely with Lily, the farm owner, in creating weekly to-do lists and will be responsible for carrying out tasks and managing our small field-crew on a daily basis. The manager will experience every aspect of small-scale agriculture; we want you to walk away with a firm understanding of all the methods used on our farm.
Housing may be available for this individual.
Requirements for the position:
· Two or more seasons of agricultural experience.
· A valid driver's license.
· Ability to lift 50 pounds and willingness to work in all weather conditions.
· A positive attitude, flexibility, eagerness to learn, and good team spirit.
· Ability to work efficiently alone or with others.
· Willingness to prepare crew lunch once a week.
And ideal candidate would also have the following characteristics, although not required:
· Experience with machinery (mowers, walk-behind tractors, full-sized tractors).
· Managerial experience.
Slip Away Farm is a 3-acre organically-grown vegetable and flower farm located on Chappaquiddick Island, on Martha's Vineyard. We supply a 65-member vegetable CSA, a weekend farm stand and a weekly farmer's market booth at the West Tisbury market. We also sell produce and flowers wholesale to several Martha's Vineyard businesses. You can check us out on instagram @slipawayfarm.
To apply, send a current resume, list of three references (at least two work related, one may be a personal reference), and a short statement outlining your interest in this position and your agricultural or outdoor experience to Lily at email@example.com by December 20, 2017.