Field Crew Position:
We are looking for a full time individual to join our field crew. This job is on average 40 hours a week Tuesday through Saturday, May or June through early September. Because we are a fairly small crew (only six of us at the most), this individual will experience all aspects of farming: seeding, weeding, harvesting, planting, pruning, etc. We want you to walk away from a season at Slip Away with a firm understanding of the methods used in small agriculture.
Requirements for this position include:
· A valid driver’s license
· Ability to lift 50 pounds and willingness to work in all weather conditions.
· A positive attitude, flexibility, eagerness to learn, and good team spirit.
· Ability to work efficiently alone or with others.
· Willingness to prepare crew lunch once a week.
· Ability to find housing on Martha’s Vineyard or Chappy. This can be challenging in the summer season.
An ideal candidate would also have the following characteristics, although these are not required:
· Prior farm or other outdoor work experience.
· Experience with machinery (tractors, walk-behinds, mowers, weed whackers)
Slip Away Farm is a 3-acre organically-grown vegetable and flower farm located on Chappaquiddick Island, on Martha's Vineyard. We supply a 65-member vegetable CSA, a weekend farm stand and a weekly farmer's market booth at the West Tisbury market. We also sell produce and flowers wholesale to several Martha's Vineyard businesses. You can check us out on instagram @slipawayfarm.
To apply, send a current resume, list of three references (at least two work related, one may be a personal reference), and a short statement outlining your interest in this position and your agricultural or outdoor experience to Lily at firstname.lastname@example.org by December 20, 2017.