Part-Time Farm Office Assistant: Stillman Quality Meats, LLC., Hardwick, MA
Stillman Quality Meats is a diverse livestock farm located in Hardwick, MA specializing in grass-fed and pasture raised meats and poultry. The farm operates a poultry abattoir and red meat processing facility- where we slaughter and process all of the poultry and meats produced and sold by our farm- including a full selection of hand cut meats, fresh sausages, charcuterie and more. In addition, the farm also produces a variety of specialty and value-added products from it's commercial kitchen space featuring farm meats and local, seasonal ingredients. All of the products grown and produced by the farm are marketed direct to consumers through an extensive farmers' market system, CSA models, and to local chef's and restaurants. Additionally, the farm operates a year round retail space at the Boston Public Market.
* Data entry into inventory, sales and order databases
* Completion and filing of farm livestock and processing records
* Employee scheduling
* Daily correspondence via the phone and through email with farm customers and vendors.
* Weekly maintenance of farm social media accounts, generation of newsletter content and promotional materials
* Maintain accurate filing systems and other office procedures.
* General CSA system coordination and member outreach
* Billing and invoices and maintenance of farm customer accounts.
* Maintenance of farm email account
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Skilled computer experience, especially with Microsoft Excel, Word and QuickBooks and databases. Knowledge of Wordpress preferred, but not required.
* Professional and respectful customer relations skills with customers, vendors, consumers, and the general public
* Polite phone etiquette and interpersonal skills
* Ability to work both independently and in a team
* General knowledge of agriculture is a plus but not required, or willingness to learn.
This is a part-time (15-25 hours) farm-office assistant position. Applicants must have access to a computer and a reliable form of transportation, including a valid driver's license. Monday- Friday, with the ability to work one or one partial weekend day. More hours available seasonally. Hourly compensation is based upon skill level and experience.
Interested applicants should submit:
Resume and 2 references
Stillman Quality Meats
413.277.9600 (day time from 10am-5pm)
3674 Greenwich Rd, Hardwick, MA 01082