Greenway Farm, located in Kingston, MA is seeking a highly motivated individual to supervise the aquaponics/greenhouse/field vegetable production.
Responsibilities: Successful applicant will be responsible for supervision and management of crop production in aquaponics, greenhouse and field environments, including, but not limited to:
• Hiring, training and supervising all related daily activities of the horticulture permanent and/or seasonal personnel.
• Providing technical expertise for day-to day crop production, including determining types and quantities of horticultural plants to be grown, based on budgets and projected sales volumes.
• Assuring that sowing, transplanting, and direct seed planting is carried out in timely manner as to assure vegetable production meets corporate and marketing expectations.
• Developing crop management programs for irrigation, nutrition, and disease and pest control using all natural production methods.
• Supporting implementation of new processes, procedures and policies as requested by Management.
• Training or certification in Horticulture, Agronomy, Crop Science or other related field of study.
• One to three years of experience related to the position.
• Computer proficiencies including Microsoft Office.
• Ability to multi-task and define priorities; with the ability to react quickly to changing business needs and provide alternatives.
• Must be able to stand for extended periods of time and lift and move 75 pounds.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Horticulture, Agronomy, Crop Science or other related field of study.
• Particular interest in aquaponics vegetable production.
• Experience with repair and operation of farm equipment and facilities systems.
Salary: • Commensurate with qualifications. Recommendations required. Salary determined by work experience.
Please forward resume and recommendations to: email@example.com