Holly Hill Farm is seeking a farm intern for the 2018 growing season.
We are a certified organic, non-profit educational farm located approximately 45 minutes south of Boston in Cohasset, MA. The property consists of 140 acres (10 acres of open fields, 3 acres of which are in production), historic buildings, greenhouses, walking trails, and diversified natural areas. We grow organic vegetables, herbs, flowers and seedlings. Our produce is sold at our farm stand, farmers markets and to local restaurants.
This internship is best suited for someone looking to broaden his or her skills and knowledge of small-scale organic vegetable farming. The intern will gain experience in no-till methods, season extension and growing seedlings both for the farm and for plant sales. Prior experience is helpful, but not required.
The internship runs 38 weeks from March 12 through December 1, 2018. Compensation includes $300/biweekly, on-site housing, laundry, internet and some farm produce. The schedule consists of five and 1/2 work days (five 10+ hour work days and one 1/2 day), with 1 ½ days off per week. The intern must pass a background check, have a valid driver's license, be able to lift 50 pounds and able to work in all weather conditions.
● Careful attention to greenhouse sowing schedule and farm plan
● 24 hour monitoring of temperature and humidity in greenhouses using wood stoves and ventilation
● Direct sowing, transplanting, weeding, harvesting, washing and storing of crops
● Record keeping
● Safe operation of farm equipment and machinery
● Handling cash and credit card transactions
● Set-up and break-down of farmers markets and farm stand
● Communicating goals and participating in feedback sessions with fellow crew members
● Willingness to work alongside farm teachers, young adults, and volunteers
● Comfortably interacting with farm customers and visitors
● Sense of Humor
Please visit www.HollyHillFarm.org to learn about the farm. Interested applicants should email the farm manager at Jasmin.Callahan@gmail.com