Langwater is a 100 acre, Certified Organic farm with 50 acres in vegetable production. We provide year-round, high-quality vegetables, herbs, flowers and fruit to Boston, Providence and our surrounding communities. Our markets include a 350-member CSA, farm stand, restaurants, wholesale, and 5 weekly farmers markets. In our seventh season, we’re a hard-working team that values efficient farm systems. We enjoy friendly competition and have been known to keep a stopwatch in the field while harvesting kale. You won’t be disappointed by our work ethic!
Experienced Farm Stand Crew Members participate in all aspects of running a bustling farm stand. Our Farm Stand Crew is the positive, professional face of the farm. Work includes designing and implementing displays, stocking produce, washing produce, selling vegetables and discussing food with customers. The nature of the position requires high attention to detail and produce quality.
Experience Farm Stand Crew Members gain…
- Understanding of efficient systems for washing, packing and storing produce
- Knowledge of aesthetics and strategies for designing outstanding displays
- Experience interacting with a broad range of customers brought together by a commitment to delicious, high quality, local food
- 1-2 years experience in retail
- Love of food and interest in local food
- Ability to talk about vegetables and basic cooking techniques
- Ability to work at a fast past while maintaining a positive, professional demeanor
- Reliable transportation
- Ability to lift 50 pounds repeatedly
- Must be able to work at least one weekend day
This is a full-time, full-season position with the potential for year-round work for the right candidate. Our daily schedule starts at 8:30 am. Farm Stand Crew Members join us in early May and work full-time (40 hours) through the end of the year. Part-time, off-season work (January-April) is available for the right candidate. Off-season work includes harvesting greens, packing wholesale orders and staffing winter markets.
We offer a $10 - $12/hour starting wage based on experience. Additionally, all employees enjoy farm produce and a 20% discount in the Langwater Farm Stand.
To apply, submit a letter of interest, resume and 2 relevant references to email@example.com. Please include the position title in the subject line. Applications will be accepted until all positions are filled.