Brookford Farm is a 650-acre diversified farm in Canterbury, NH with about 40 acres in organic vegetable production. The farm is also home to cattle, hogs, and chickens, all raised on pasture as the seasons allow. Our products are distributed to a 270+ member CSA, wholesale accounts, and farmers markets. We are one department on a 'full diet' farm, with myriad native tongues among our staff including French, Swahili, Arabic, Spanish, Russian, and German. Our farm proudly reflects the strength of cultural and agricultural diversity.
Experience in agriculture is not absolutely necessary for this position, but familiarity with vegetables is important. Attention to detail and an eye for quality are essential.
The Packing House Manager's responsibilities include:
- Leading washing and packing activities of all crops in a hygienic, ergonomic, and efficient manner
- Maintaining a walk-in cooler inventory and packing records
- Working with the Harvest Manager to develop a harvest list that will accommodate needs for wholesale, CSA, and farmers markets
- Grading and sorting produce with quality standards sufficient for each market
- Ensuring that orders are ready for delivery drivers to load
- Operation and maintenance of washing equipment
- Overseeing packing of CSA shares and wholesale orders
- Organization and cleaning of cooler and shop space
- Hygienic and detail-oriented, with an eye for quality and presentation
- Management and leadership experience
- Exceptional communication and organizational skills
- Familiarity with and commitment to organic practices
- Keen sense of logistics and efficiency
Our work requires passion, precision, speed, and great stamina. Much of our crew will log 55+ rigorous hours in 5 days. Successful candidates will have experience or a strong interest in agriculture/local food and a proven work history in physically demanding positions. Special consideration will be given to those with pertinent advanced education and/or a career mindset. Pay is commensurate to experience and skill set.
Brookford Farm is located on an incredible piece of land along the Merrimack River. The ambitious 'full diet' scope of our production, the ethics and motives that drive us, and the great people that work here make our farm truly special. We thank you for your interest in joining our team and look forward to hearing from you. Interested parties should email firstname.lastname@example.org with a resume (.pdf is ideal), cover letter, and professional references.