About Barrett’s Mill Farm
Barrett's Mill Farm is a diversified vegetable and fruit farm located on town-owned land in Concord, Massachusetts. We sell the large majority of our vegetables through our farm stand and our CSA. In our third season we plan to increase our CSA and Bucks credit program size to 170 members, keep our farm stand open 5 days per week, and expand our annual vegetable production area to 8 acres. We will also continue to manage about 1 acre of perennial crops, including asparagus, rhubarb, gooseberries and blueberries. We use sustainable growing methods and are beginning the organic certification process in 2016.
· Work with the farm team on day-to-day field and greenhouse tasks, including seeding, transplanting, hand weeding, hoeing, harvesting, and farm store set-up and clean-up.
· Regular independent work includes greenhouse watering, assisting with CSA stocking, and at least one day per week washing and other post-harvest vegetable handling.
· Help lead part-time workers and volunteers in group projects.
· Participate in farm outreach events, such as spring Open House, member orientation, annual Ag Day farmers’ market and end-of-season celebration.
· Depending upon experience and ability, the Assistant Grower may also have the opportunity to do some tractor work.
· A positive attitude, good sense of humor and strong work ethic are essential qualities for this position.
· Ability to lift 50 lbs and perform repetitive physical tasks.
· Ability to work well both independently and as part of a small team.
· Organized, punctual and attentive to detail.
· Experience working outdoors in all types of weather and/or experience in a fast-paced work environment.
· Prior farming experience is not required but it is a plus.
Tuesday – Saturday, 7am – 4pm (schedule will vary slightly seasonally)
Mid April - early November
*Part time schedules are generally 7am-Noon for field work. Store hours are approximately 1:30-6:45. Please contact us for details.
Pay starts at $12 per hour for Assistant Growers and $10 per hour for part time positions, based on experience. 1 hour unpaid lunch. Assistant Growers will be eligible for 1 week paid vacation after completing 12 weeks of employment in good standing. Assistant Grower and part time crew members will have access to produce from the farm. We do not have on-farm housing available.
To apply, please send a resume, letter of interest and 2-3 references to Lise Holdorf at firstname.lastname@example.org