Littleton Community Farm is a 2.5 acre diversified no-till vegetable and flower farm located in Littleton, MA. We are super excited to be transitioning to a Fortier style no-till system in the 2021 season, and we are looking to hire an Assistant Grower who shares our enthusiasm for sustainable and socially just farming! You will be working with a couple of experienced no-till organic farmers on creating a beautiful community space, running a 75 member CSA and U-Pick flower garden, and growing produce for donation to our partner food banks. This is an excellent opportunity for a beginning farmer to gain experience in all aspects of running a small farm. This position will be 40 hours per week and run from the beginning of May through the end of September. Please see the job description below. Interested candidates should send an email explaining your interest and experience with farming along with a resume and two references to email@example.com no later than March 1st. Women, persons of color, and LGBTQIA+ folks are especially encouraged to apply.
Position: Assistant Grower Location: Littleton, Massachusetts
Compensation: Hourly @ $13.75/hr plus veggies and flowers from the farm
Reporting to: Farm Manager
• General labor associated with organic vegetable farming and supporting LCF’s mission.
• Planting – Greenhouse work, watering, direct seeding, transplanting, bed preparation.
• Growing- Weeding and cultivation, trellising, pest and disease management, mulching and irrigating. Opportunity to learn 2- and 4-wheel tractor operation.
• Harvesting- Carrying out the harvest schedule, selecting and harvesting high quality produce for CSA and donation.
• Processing- Assisting with the washing, bunching, and packing of produce for CSA distribution and donation.
• Assisting in CSA distributions, U-Pick flower operation, and leading volunteer work activities
• Cleaning, maintaining and organizing tools, storage areas, and materials.
Qualifications and Skills:
• Previous farm experience a plus
• A friendly personality, able to work well alone and in collaboration with farm managers, volunteers, and farm visitors. Must be able to follow COVID safety protocols at all times.
• Strong work ethic and ability to work outdoors in difficult weather conditions. Ability to lift 50 lbs regularly.
• Desire to learn about organic vegetable farming, CSAs, greenhouse transplant and vegetable production, farm equipment.