About Sid Wainer & Son
For the past 100 years, Sid Wainer & Son has been at the forefront of the food industry, upholding our mission to source the finest produce and specialty foods in the world. We supply customers with our uncompromised service and the highest quality ingredients. We offer menu ideas and suggest cooking techniques. The Sid Factor is the unwavering passion we have for our products and our customers. The core values define who we are and who we will continue to be in the future.
The Assistant Farm Manager is to assist the Farm Manager in the day to day operations of a 50 acre farm in Dartmouth, MA including harvesting and picking, as well as operating farm machinery.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist in the day to day operations of a 50 acre farm.
- Safely operate farm machinery.
- Hand work including: fertilizing, picking, harvesting, and packing seasonal vegetables and herbs.
- Communicate and problem solve with the Farm Manager.
- Ensure that all documentation for food safety, employee safety, water quality, hazardous materials, pesticide usage, fertilizer usage, and equipment maintenance is in place and up to date.
- Ensure that all equipment maintenance is being performed in timely manner and that documentation is completed.
- Oversee farmhands in the day to day picking.
- Help execute weekly and monthly goals.
- Assist in crop planning.
Required, Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or G.E.D. required
- 2+ years of farm experience required.
- Carpentry or mechanical experience is preferred.
- Production scale vegetable farming preferred.
- Technical Capacity.
- Leadership Skills.
- Teamwork Orientation.
- Communication Proficiency.
- Time Management.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
The employee is frequently required to stand, stoop, kneel, crouch, reach, lift, climb, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to sit or balance. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Ability to read, write and speak fluently in English. Bilingual English/Spanish is preferred.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form.
This job operates in an outdoor environment with exposure to the elements in all weather conditions.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
Seasonally variable hours. During the growing season, the employee must work 40 hours per week Monday-Sunday, with mandatory overtime as needed. Expected hours during the off-season are around 20-30 hours, Monday-Sunday.
No travel is required for this position.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Apply using the link below: