Allandale Farm is a 40 acre diversified vegetable operation located on the Boston/Brookline border. We are currently hiring a Harvest Coordinator for the upcoming 2017 growing season. Attached you will find a job description. To apply, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with a cover letter and resume. We hope to hear from you soon.
• Assist in translation of daily chef orders and CSA needs into accurate harvest lists
• Lead farm crew through daily morning harvest, wash, and pack while ensuring attention toward food safety and quality standards
• Maintain accurate harvest and yield records
• Maintain and take leadership over crop inventory and storage
• Assist in delivery of produce orders to wholesale customers up to three times per week
• Assist with other vegetable production work including hand cultivation, seedling propagation, tomato tying, transplanting, etc.
• Assist Farm Managers in regular assessment of crop and field conditions and evaluate pest and disease pressure
• Assist with tractor work as experience allows
• Minimum 1 season of experience in agricultural production, familiarity with harvesting for the diverse needs of a CSA, retail and restaurants preferred
• Valid Drivers License
• Ability to lead a multicultural and multilingual crew through daily activities
• Ability to comfortably lift 50 lbs.
• Spanish language proficiency strongly preferred
• Microsoft Excel proficiency
• Ability to operate manual transmission vehicle
• Desire and ability to work independently when necessary
• Ability to implement new procedures and systems in an organized manner
• Capacity to work in all weather conditions for extended periods of time
•Compensation is hourly and commensurate with experience. Other benefits include produce from the farm and a 25% discount in the Allandale Farmstand. Housing is not available.
•Hours range from 40-50 hours per week
•This is a seasonal position beginning in early May and extending through early November.
To apply please email a cover letter and resume to email@example.com