About: Founded in 1975, The Natick Community Organic Farm (NCOF) is a nonprofit, certified-organic farm providing productive open space, farm products, and hands-on education for all ages, year-round.
Committed to farming methods that are ecologically healthy and sustainable, the Farm places special emphasis on service to youth through year-round classes, work-experience programs and volunteer opportunities for working the land. In addition to producing certified-organic flowers and vegetables, the farm also produces raw honey and maple syrup.
In addition to our CSA and wholesale responsibilities, NCOF also participates in a weekly Saturday market located at the Natick Town Common. Working with our volunteers and board members, the Farmers’ Market Stand Manager will be the lead person for creating a strong presence at this market by engaging with our customers through the sale of our organic flowers and vegetables, honey, syrup, fruits and other products.
Specific tasks for the position will include:
- Loading and unloading the truck
- Setting up the stand with one other person
- Selling NCOF items (with one other person)
- Engaging with customers in a cheerful manner
- Keeping a tidy sales area
- Keeping accurate sales records while making sure cash matches the sales
- Applicants do not need to have any prior farm experience but should be familiar with seasonal vegetables and flowers grown throughout New England
- Must have a willingness to work with both adults and young children and should have a high degree of professional customer service skills
- Honest, organized, communicative, punctual, and reliable individuals are sought to ensure that inventory and sales data is collected on a weekly basis. Applicants must also be able to perform mental math skills in a fast manner
- Must be able to lift 40# crates of vegetables and flowers
- Must have a valid driver’s license and clean driving record
- Experience cooking with local food and the ability to communicate seasonal recipes to our customers is a plus, but not required
Hours: 7:30 AM to 2:30 PM on Saturdays beginning in May and extending through October. This includes time for setup, breakdown and travel to the market.
To apply: Please send a resume and letter of intent to Casey Townsend, Assistant Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org.