Since 1989, Wildstone Farm has produced certified organic vegetables, making us the oldest certified organic farm in Bennington County, Vermont. Located in Pownal, Vermont, Wildstone Farm is nestled on the side of The Dome, the southernmost of the Green Mountains. At an elevation of 1,400 feet, our 21 acre farm is a mix of silt loam prime agricultural soil and second growth forest. We practice deep organic techniques in our intensively managed gardens. The use of high tunnels and a root cellar allows our produce to be available year round.
We operate a biologically intensive year round market garden in Southwestern Vermont. We are seeking someone willing to do hard, yet rewarding work from May-late November. 40 hours per week with Saturday's required. You don't need to have prior experience, but we hope you have a genuine interest in learning, working hard, and contributing to our local food economy. Please share if you or anyone you know are interested! Two fun dogs and two knowledgeable farmers would be happy to meet you!
Work includes, but is not limited to:
- Harvest and prep produce for Tuesday and Saturday Markets and CSA shares
- Helping at Markets
- Preparing garden beds, transplanting, weeding, watering
- Hauling things and produce where they are needed
- Feeding the chickens
- Learning how we farm with minimal fossil fuel use and with a gravity fed water system
- Being open to learning new things and making a connection to the land
- Getting dirt under your fingernails and working in a variety of weather conditions and temperatures
- Being part of a team, yet comfortable working independently
- Having fun!
- Pay based on experience and ability. Base rate is $9.25 per hour. There is a training period which can last up to 4 weeks after which we adjust pay to reflect new skills and experience.
- Free veggies.
- Educational Opportunities; we belong to several formal and informal farming groups. We also teach the why's as well as the how's.
- Sorry, no on farm housing is available.
Deadline 4/30/15, or as soon as possible. Inquiries after 4/30 are welcome, but growing season starts soon!
To apply, please send a resume/work history and 3 references via our contact page.
Please contact John and Joy at firstname.lastname@example.org or (802) 823-0141 with any questions.