Community Harvest Project (CHP), a 501(c)3 organization, is dedicated to improving access to healthy foods through community engagement. Through our volunteer farming, education, and leadership programs and partnerships, we bring thousands of community members together each year to build an engaged and healthier Worcester County. In 2016, thanks to over 10,000 volunteer visits, CHP grew over 220,000 pounds of fresh fruits and vegetables, the majority of which were donated through partnerships including the Worcester County Food Bank’s hunger relief network, Community Servings, and other area hunger relief agencies.
We are currently seeking a Farm Assistant to join our team from this July/ August until October/November (we are flexible on start and end times). The Farm Assistant is responsible for assisting the Farm Coordinator in executing all agriculture operations at the Community Harvest Project Grafton farm sites. This position assists in creating a positive volunteer experience for all visitors.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Assist in all farming operations:
- Executing daily agricultural duties
- Executing daily produce distributions
- Monitoring of equipment and recommending related repairs/replacements
- Monitoring of safety plan and ensuring its execution
- Execution of skilled/restricted farm activities
- Assisting in basic property maintenance (mowing, limbs, etc)
Assist in all volunteer operations:
- Overseeing volunteer groups and overseeing their proper completion of tasks
- Working with volunteers throughout their assigned sessions
- Ensuring a positive volunteer experience through all of the above
LOGISTICS & BENEFITS
-This is a seasonal position ranging from 20-40 hours per week (dependent on the candidate). Flexible schedules will be considered, but mornings are a must.
-Hourly rate is commensurate with experience.