Position: Apprentice Grower
Location: Round the Bend Farm 92 Allen’s Neck Rd, Dartmouth, MA 02748
Type: Seasonal, Full time position from averaging from 40 to 50 hrs per week from May through October.
About Ashley’s Produce: Our mission is to produce nutrient dense fruit, vegetables and herbs in order to contribute to the overall health of the soil, plants and people that make up the community here at Round the Bend Farm (RTB) and the larger South Coast community. In its third year of operation, Ashley’s Produce will be expanding from a 25 to 45 member CSA, delivering 20 shares to low income families in New Bedford while maintaining its 25 member on farm distribution. In order to grow sustainably in this effort, we are seeking a highly motivated and energetic individual, passionate about our mission to work alongside Ashley Brister in the market garden at RTB for the 2016 growing season.
Ashley Brister is an Agripreneur on Round the Bend Farm (RTB), a Center for Restorative Community. RTB is located in Dartmouth, Massachusetts and is a working farm and non-profit. RTB is a living laboratory that cultivates, educates, and empowers change agents. We are devoted to the global paradigm shift toward hope and abundance by valuing diversity, modeling nature, and redefining wealth.
- $1000/month plus housing in one of our tiny houses and food;
- Culinary preparation of farm based dinners, Monday-Friday evenings;
- Workman’s compensation;
- Educational training in ecological horticulture and organic farming and gardening. This includes field trips to other farms in our area and opportunities to learn about additional aspects of RTB’s operation including: livestock management, food preservation and natural building; and
- 5 paid days off per season.
- Have a strong work ethic;
- Be able to communicate clearly and effectively;
- Have a sense of humor;
- Be dependable, tidy, flexible, open minded and self aware;
- Enjoy working with a diverse group of people;
- Able to work outdoors, in all conditions for long hours;
- Organized, Can-Do attitude; and
- Have a valid driver’s licence and the ability to lift 50 lbs.
Although no farming experience is necessary, preference will be given to candidates who have an active interest in pursuing a career in farming and/or the environmental and social justice issues pertaining to both local and global food systems.
Applicants should send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com