Ever introduce a curious kid to a curious pig? Collect eggs with a gaggle of grade-schoolers? Explore the fields and flowers with a troop of ten-year-olds? If you have or think these sorts of things sound like fun, the Natick Community Organic Farm is looking for eager and energetic educators to carry out our mission to connect kids to food through fun work.
Join us for 10 weeks this summer where every day you can expect to teach something, learn something, and have fun doing it. If you are passionate about kids, food, the future, and the outdoors, and can even envision merging them all together into a veritable whirlwind of agricultural adventure, then we want to talk to you! Check out the specifics below, or contact Jon Young at Jon@natickfarm.org or 508.655.2204 for more information or to send in a resume and cover letter. You can also learn more about the farm at www.natickfarm.org
· June 19th through August 25th. Sessions run Monday through Thursday.
· Program times run 9 – 4 for younger programs and 8:30 – 4:30 for older programs
· Hiring decisions by February 1
· Compensation at $14 an hour
A regular kind of day:
· Guide your group through the Rabbit chores
· Lead a scat scavenger hunt in the lower pasture
· Read ‘Everybody poops’ during snacktime
· Collect an impossible 200 potato beetles and feed them to the chickens
· Finish off with a garden salad with fresh goat cheese!
· Implement and refine program content (talks, walks, projects, activities)
· Supervise, manage, and provide structure for 6-12 students
· Work effectively and collaboratively with a co-teacher and a volunteer assistant
· Respect and nurture all farm resources, from animals to crops to students and staff
To apply, email a resume and cover letter with references to Jon@natickfarm.org
Located in Natick, Massachusetts, The Natick Community Organic farm is a nonprofit, certified-organic farm providing productive open space, farm products, and hands-on education for all ages, year round.