Status: Full-time Position
Time Frame: Review begins 2/27/15, position open until filled
Community Involved in Sustaining Agriculture (CISA) is a non-profit organization that strengthens farms and engages the community to build the local food economy. Our programs include the Be a Local Hero, Buy Locally Grown® business membership and marketing campaign, educational activities for the public, technical assistance trainings and workshops for farmers, and programs to expand market options for farmers and increase access to local food for all communities in our region.
The Local Hero Program Associate supports the Local Hero staff in implementing the mission of the organization. The Program Associate coordinates activities related to enrollment, promotion, and technical assistance for Local Hero members. The Program Associate coordinates day-to-day activities for these programs, collaborates with the Program staff to set strategic goals for these programs, and supports development of new program strategies, areas, and activities.
- Support Local Hero and technical assistance programs. You will be a member of the Local Hero team, which will work collaboratively to provide Local Hero members and prospects with support, technical assistance, and a strong connection to CISA and the Local Hero program. Specifically you will:
- Carry out routine office activities such as answering the phone, copying, mailing, and database management, etc.;
- Support Local Hero enrollment;
- Coordinate Local Hero appearances on CISA’s TV and radio slots, assist in posting and writing Local Hero member profiles, and support additional promotion;
- Coordinate logistics for technical assistance including developing outreach and promotional material, tracking registrations, coordinating location and food, etc.;
- Coordinate Local Hero member donations of food;
- Participate in developing program objectives and work plans;
- Work with other CISA departments;
- Work with supervisor to track Local Hero accomplishments, evaluate program, assist in grant reporting (as required), etc.
- Collaborate with Local Hero team to bring creative and strategic thinking to further CISA’s mission.
- Represent CISA at public presentations, program collaborations, and other venues as needed.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by the Local Hero Member Services Coordinator.
REPORTING AND SUPERVISION
- The Program Associate reports to the Local Hero Members Services Coordinator.
- Ability to work independently and with a team;
- Organized and self-motivated;
- Good customer service;
- Ability to work with people of various backgrounds including government agency staff, university researchers, farmers, business owners, and community members;
- Strong written and oral communication skills in English;
- Proficiency with office computing and equipment (MS Windows and Office platforms);
- Comfort with details and experience with databases required;
- Networking, sales, and outreach experience;
- Bachelor’s degree preferred;
- Experience in the sustainable agriculture field or with local food businesses a plus;
- Commitment to CISA’s mission to strengthen farms and engage the community to build the local food economy.
Hours and compensation: Salary commensurate with experience. This is a full-time, non-exempt position. Health care and benefits provided. Access to a car and some weekend and evening availability are required.
CISA is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Please email cover letter and resume to Jennifer Williams (Jennifer@buylocalfood.org) or mail to CISA, One Sugarloaf Street, South Deerfield, MA 01373. Writing samples and references may be requested.