Manager Wanted: Powisset Cafe
Part-time, July thru mid-October, Dover, MA
Are you a manager looking for a part-time opportunity this summer to serve up fresh, local food straight off the farm every other Saturday during our CSA season? If you said yes, then look no further! We provide the equipment, kitchen, the guests, and the beautiful farm settings.
Powisset Farm is owned by the Trustees of Reservations and is a working CSA farm with over 350 members and over 4000 program and event participants. The farm is equipped with a commercial kitchen permitted by the Town of Dover. The Powisset Café is a new concept, providing the community and visitors with a taste of the farm, light fare, using farm fresh ingredients. We are looking for an experienced manager to manager the café and its staff – every other Saturday from July through midOctober.
Summary of Requirements:
• Work with farm’s Engagement Site Manager & Powisset Café’s Chef, and other staff to ensure a smooth operation of Powisset Farm’s Café.
• Maintain inventory of staple items needed to run café.
• Assist customers, collect money and utilize Siriusware software to process transactions
• Reconcile all transactions at the end of the day and ensure that budget and revenue goals have been met.
• Ensure that café is set up each morning and looks presentable through out the day, including wiping down tables, bussing dirty dishes, and restocking items, as needed.
• Available every other Saturday from June through mid-October. Café hours will be 10-2pm.
• Market the Powisset Café using both online and print tools and draw onsite CSA members and other Powisset Farm visitors to the Café.
• Dedication to sourcing and eating locally and sustainably
• Experience working in a restaurant or café
• Management and leadership skills
• Available and willing to pitch in where needed as part of a team
Please send a cover letter and resume to:
Nicole Nacamuli, firstname.lastname@example.org