Pick-Your-Own Garden & CSA Coordinator | East Fishkill, NY
The Pick-Your-Own Garden & CSA Coordinator is the face of the farm, and creates a welcoming and enjoyable environment for both members of our CSA (Community Supported Agriculture) group and the general public. The PYO & CSA Coordinator works closely with the CSA Manager to assist with the weekly CSA distribution, and the Vegetable Production Manager and Farm manager to help curate a beautiful Pick-Your-Own vegetable garden experience for the public.
- Provide excellent customer service and communication
- Open, run and close the Pick-Your-Own sales booth
- Oversee the upkeep of the public and CSA Pick-Your-Own gardens including field activities such as weeding, mowing/weed wacking, planting, pruning & harvesting of vegetables and flowers (handle daily maintenance and coordinate with the Vegetable Production Manager for larger tasks)
- Create and maintain promotional/informational signage for both the PYO fields and CSA pick-up
- Keep PYO and CSA supplies organized and maintained (harvest tools, containers, signs, tables, tents, etc.)
- Assist with setting up and running the on-farm CSA pick-up, and help allocate PYO portion of the CSA share.
- Promote CSA program through flyering and tabling
- Assist with planning CSA orientation and end-of-season potluck events
- Harvest to replenish store produce as needed from the PYO gardens
Our Ideal Candidate Is:
- A great communicator
- Farming and gardening experience is a bonus
- Happy working independently or as part of a team
- Enjoys working hard and has the ability and interest in performing physically challenging and repetitive tasks in all weather conditions; is able to comfortably and safely lift and carry 50 lbs
- Detail-oriented and organized
- Ready to take on the demanding schedule, pace, and inevitable challenges of a farming season with consistency and good humor
- Personable and able to deliver great customer service
- Creative - art & sign making skills are a plus
- Enthusiastic about organic agriculture and interested in having meaningful interactions with members around food and farming
- Has at least 1 year of cumulative retail experience.
This is a seasonal position beginning in the spring (May) and ending in late fall (November or December), and can be part or full-time, with Fridays-Sundays being critical days. Possibility of continued work through the winter.
Requisites: Valid driver’s license, a clean driving record, and your own transportation.
Compensation: Competitive hourly pay commensurate with experience.
To Apply: Please email a resume, cover letter, and two references with “Pick-Your-Own Garden & CSA Coordinator” in the subject line to email@example.com