NOFA/Mass seeks an Outreach & Public Relations Intern to assist in publicizing its annual Winter Conference, to be held on January 16, 2016. The intern will help collect and document information about, and connect with, various community organizations and media outlets to increase the Winter Conference's visibility and reach.
The intern will work approximately five hours per week hours from September to December. Mentorship and guidance provided by NOFA/Mass Communication Director. College credit may be earned, but is not necessary. We welcome applicants of all backgrounds and experience levels who are passionate about connecting individuals and communities around organic foods and agriculture!
- Complete total of at least 50-60 hours by December 18, 2015
- Ability to work approx. 5 hours per week, some daytime hours necessary
- Timely response & accountability for deadlines
- Access to computer, Internet, and telephone
- Majority of work to be done independently, with potential for occasional in person meetings
- Research and update organizational information for outreach purposes, to include co-ops, agricultural organizations, youth, regional groups, etc.
- Research and update various media contact information, including newspapers, tv, radio, parenting blogs, websites, podcasts, etc.
- Call and email organization and individual contacts to ask their help in promoting the conference
- Help draft emails, tailored to specific conference tracks
- Draft and schedule social media posts, including Facebook and Twitter
- Contact members of the press to pitch story
- Add Winter Conference to online calendars in the region
- Other activities as needed
- Skills needed
- Data management, including use of Microsoft Excel and Google Drive
- Social media, including Facebook and Twitter
- Internet research
- Problem solving
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Familiarity with agricultural organizations and/or state and regional media outlets helpful, but not necessary
Compensation: Upon completion of the internship, intern will receive free entry to the 2016 NOFA/Mass Winter Conference (January 16, Worcester, MA).
How to apply: Send resume and cover letter, describing interest, experience and availability, to firstname.lastname@example.org by June 21. Please email with any questions.