Cape Cod Organic Farm is looking for seasonal full-time Farm Hands at our Farm in Barnstable, MA. Applicants with a strong passion for organic agriculture and experience on farms are preferred, but not necessary. Superior work ethic is required! Our farm runs a 75 member vegetable CSA, delivers to restaurants and raises Heritage Breed Pigs. Our farm operates a farm stand 7 days a week in high season and attends several farmers markets.
Daily/Weekly Tasks to include:
• Greenhouse tasks of seeding, watering and potting-up
• Transplanting, weeding, thinning, & harvesting
• Post-harvest sorting, washing, bunching, quality control, and packing/storage responsibilities
• Deliveries of produce to restaurants on occasion
• Assisting with irrigation and tillage
• Occasionally work in the farm stand and possibly attending farmers markets
An ideal candidate will have/be able to:
• Follow directions and self-motivate
• Strong attention to detail and organization
• Knowledge of produce, interest in preparation of produce/pork if working in the farm stand
• Ability to multi-task, good phone etiquette
• Must be able to work independently as well as in a team setting
• Ability to maintain a professional attitude and neat appearance while in the farm stand
• Ability to work under challenging ergonomic conditions, including work that requires frequent crouching, bending and kneeling.
• Ability to regularly lift 50 pounds or more
• Own transportation and a place to live (this position does not offer housing)
• An eagerness to learn!
Please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com
Cape Cod Organic Farm 3675 Main Street Barnstable MA, 02630 T. 508-362-3573